Recruitment is OPEN for the 2017-2018 Season.
If you are interested in joining the team you are welcome contact our President firstname.lastname@example.org or Vice-President email@example.com for information about joining our 2017 and 2018 team
If you ae interested please print and complete our registration form: robotics-signup-form
“It’s the hardest fun you’ll ever have!” – FIRST website
When compared with students who do not participate in robotics, FIRST students are:
* More than 3 times as likely to major specifically in engineering.
* Roughly 10 times as likely to have had an apprenticeship, internship, or co-op job in their freshman year.
* Significantly more likely to expect to achieve a postgraduate degree.
* More than twice as likely to expect to pursue a career in science and technology.
* Nearly 4 times as likely to expect to pursue a career specifically in engineering.
* More than twice as likely to volunteer in their communities.
One reason to participate in FIRST robotics is access to scholarship funds. For 2012, they currently have nearly 130 scholarship providers that are making available to over 600 individual scholarship opportunities with a total value of nearly $14 Million! Female students and minorities are especially encouraged to consider participating, as you are currently underrepresented in fields of science, technology, engineering and math.
Do you want to join the team?
The robotics team is still seeking students in grades 9-12. We meet every Sunday from 12:00pm to 6:00pm, and during our intense 45-day build season we meet six days a week. We also do some other group projects and competitions, such as Vex Robotics Competition, the Tucson Pumpkin Toss, and the National Underwater Robotics Competition. See the Calendar page to get an idea of our meeting schedule.
If you have questions please contact team President Catherine Kiela by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org